- This policy is regarding how we collect, use, and disclose the information. We, CISeducation.com, Inc. (“CISeducation.com”, “we”, “us”, or “our”), collect information on our website at www.CISeducation.com (the “Website”); through browser and other web extensions, through the services available.
Information We Collect
- We may collect information about you directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Services. We may combine information collected from or about you from these various sources.
Information We Collect Directly from You
- Currently, visitors to our Services are able to access some content without becoming a member. However, if you would like to download speed test worksheets , engage in digital learning experiences, customize or personalize certain content, gain access to certain community features, or rate editorial content, you are required to register to become a member. In order to register, you must supply us with a valid email address and password; as well as some additional voluntary information about you (e.g., your "type": parent, or student; school affiliation, grade, zip code, etc.).
- If you’d like access to our paid offerings, you'll need to register for that offering, and you'll be asked to provide additional personal, billing, or other specified information that we'll need to charge for and activate the service. Customers purchasing our paid offerings will be asked to provide basic personal informations.
Public Forums: Chats
- As a service to our users, we feature Chat Box where users can share their problems and get support, send messages to us, provide a review of our products and services, comment on editorial content. Information shared in Chat Boxes will be only used for resolving your issues. In addition, we may retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support, and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law. You should think carefully before disclosing any personal information in any public forum.
- At certain times, you may be asked to participate in surveys, which are generally aimed at obtaining general information, such as your reactions to a particular article or feature set on our site. Because information obtained in these surveys is connected with individual subscribers and is used internally to improve our products or better market our services, participation in these type of surveys are voluntary.
Contests and Scholarships
- We sometimes offer contests in which certain personal information is required for registration, for purposes of verifying the entrants’ identities and notifying the winners.
Other Information You Provide Through Our Services
- We will also collect any other information that you provide through our Services, such as your name, email address, job title, phone number, school or organization name, account type, payment type, and the contents of any message you submit through our Services.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
- You can create an account with us, by logging in through certain third-party accounts, such as Facebook, Google, and Clever. By logging in through a third-party account, you grant CISeducation.com permission to access certain information from that third-party account as explained on the permissions page when you log in, including: your name, email and public profile ID.
Information We Collect Automatically
- We may also automatically collect information about users of our Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. The collected information may include, but is not limited to, IP address, domain name; browser type and operating system; web pages viewed while logged in; links clicked; the length of time spent on our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led a user to our Services. In addition, we will collect information about user activities within our Services, such as, the number of correct and incorrect answers, and download history.
- Tracking data consists of both individual and aggregated tracking information and is automatically gathered using “cookies.” A cookie is a small data file containing information, such as a user’s member name, that is written to the user’s hard drive by a web server and used to track the pages visited.
Do Not Track Disclosure
- Our Services do not respond to Do Not Track signals.
Use of the Information
- We use your information, including personal information, as follows:
Provide Our Services
- We use your information to provide and maintain our Services, including tailoring content to you; processing orders and payments; improving our Services; developing new features, products, or services; authenticating users; performing technical operations, such as updating software; and for other service and support-related purposes.